Cuatro Vidas Un Amor: Hypnobirthing for a Calm Natural Birth

Friday, January 16, 2009

Hypnobirthing for a Calm Natural Birth

Throughout my pregnancy I had planned on delivering naturally. In order to prepare for this I took a class with husband called Hypnobirthing. Even if you aren't planning on a natural birth this class was so informative I would still take it. Because of the techniques I learned in this class I was able to manage the pain and actually I believe I was able to lesson the pain dramatically. I actually went through my labor at home and waited to go to the hospital becuase I didn't think my contractions were strong enough to head for the hospital yet (plus I had gone to the hospital the night before with contractions and they sent me home because I was only dilated to a 1 so I thought there was no way I was going to deliver the next day). When I finally decided it was time to go the hospital I was already dilated to a 10!!! I couldn't beleive it. I was checked into the hospital at 4:38 pm and delivered Sirlei at 5:06 pm! She is small for her hieght but other than that she is perfectly healthy. She was so small my in-laws bought her preemie clothes to where because all the clothes I had were so big for her. She will be a week old tomorrow and still wearing her preemie clothes but she is gaining weight fast. I can't believe I'm a mom and I feel lucky everyday that she was sent to me.

1 comment:

Amanda&Brady said...

I am so proud of you! that is so awsome!!! SHe is beautiful!!